MOVING & HANDLING
FOR HOME CARERS
Moving and Handling for Home Carers
This course provides the basic knowledge and skills required to safely move people in a home care setting. Emphasis is placed on preserving the dignity of the person being cared for by means of good communication and by utilising the client’s own functional mobility wherever possible.
Learners are introduced to the principles of moving and handling, including health and safety considerations. Various moving and handling manoeuvres are then demonstrated and practised.
- Personal safety, health and dignity when moving a person
- Warming up and The Power Position
- Functional mobility
- Communication with the client
- Assisted shuffle
- Assisted sit-to-stand and stand-to-sit
- Assisted walking
- How to use a transfer board
- Safe use of a wheelchair
- How to use a slide sheet
- Principles of slings and hoists
|Course Length||Certification Period|
|3 hours||3 years|
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a H2SAL Moving and Handling for Home Carers certificate which is valid for 3 years.
at our venue
at your venue
|£30 / person||£180 / group *|
* Maximum of 12 persons per group.